22 December, 2008

The New Year Theory

I have a theory about New Year's.
Or rather, I have a theory about the moment you're in when the old year dies away and the new one is birthed.

Let me explain!

Call me superstitious, call me silly, call me a bread short of a sandwich, call me anything (as long as you call me hehe), but I believe that whatever you do at that midnight magical moment, is what you will be doing for the rest of the year - well not exactly but it sort of sets the tone for the coming months, if you will.

For example -
If you're spending the midnight second with good friends, making merry, then your year is bound to be filled with companionship and love and laughter.

If you're spending the midnight second gorging yourself silly on cake and wine, then, well, you'd better get yourself a gym membership the next year.

If you're spending the midnight second harbouring negative feelings towards someone/something, then you're bound to spend the next year in a perpetually-PMSy, not-so-good mood.

Aaaand if you spend the midnight second making out with some hot guy, then, well, LUCKY YOU.
*Mahi sneaks you jealous looks*

So yeah, you get the point right?
It sounds absurd and ridiculous right?
Well, you ARE reading my blog.
:)


So my point is - if you can, tie up loose ends before the year ends (that's what I'll definitely be trying to do). Leave the past behind, don't fight Old Man Time- move along with him.

And make sure you spend that magical midnight moment with people you love.

Merry Christmas everyone and a very very Happy New Year!
-Big non-pervy hug to all-

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger nAl did the happy dance and finally said..

and Merry Christmas to you, Mahi.

The theory is not as whacked out as you think. :)

10:45 AM  
Blogger Suyash Jain did the happy dance and finally said..

Liked your post but your theory doesnt work for me and many of us.
Have a happy year :-)

6:12 PM  
Blogger Ranajay did the happy dance and finally said..

Hmmm...interesting theory. Let's hope I'm out getting hammered with my friends on NYE.

Hope you have a good time too :)

2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

You're dying to married? Let's get married then. Reply to this comment of mine, and I'll post my email address as a reply to that. And that shall be the genesis of a wonderful, storied life together.

:)

6:25 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

Nal - thank u :) happy new year -big hug-

suyash - no worries, each to his own! happy new year to u too :)

ranajay - haha yeah thats my plan for tonight too, have a great new year ahead!

anon - i'm dying to get married? really? the genesis of a wonderful storied life together starts with me thinking your cute first. everything else follows that :P
happy new yr!

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

Well, that's what you said in one of your previous post... 67 things about MM, or some such.

I'm not sure I could spend my life with someone who mixes up you're with your. :p

I am very cute, but whether or not you think I'm cute remains to be seen.

Happy new year!

:)

8:47 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

anon - Damnations. Well played, Mr. Grammar Nazi. I might've been hungover when I wrote that, but that's no excuse. And it was 77 things about MM. I'm not impressed by YOUR memory - cute or not I think this relationship ends here!! :)

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

What does "or some such" mean, retard? (I call you that with great affection, of course.) :)

Love,

Anon.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima did the happy dance and finally said..

oh shut up.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous did the happy dance and finally said..

How rude! We're over.

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
Google